Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Patch






Well this weekend it really cool off here in Phoenix. The temperature dropped to around 75-79 during the day and around 60-65 at night. For some of you I know that is still warm, but on Saturday night it was cold with the wind, even Ian said it was cold. :)

Today Maddie didn't have school because it is Columbus Day so we relaxed during the morning and then in the afternoon we took the kids to the pumpkin patch and they had fun. We got them both little pumpkins and Ian did not want to leave. Then we went to the play area at the mall at that is when the chaos happened but not with our kids. At the play area there is a height requirement and rules and what not. Maddie does a good job being careful of the little ones and really just plays with Ian. Well today with their being no school everybody and their brother was there. First is started with 9 and 10 years old trying to be on the merry-go-round that is for kids like Ian's age. So I said something to them to get off. Then, there were bigger girls running and one of them ran over Ian and I yelled at them too. Then one boy climbed on top of one of the toys and decided to jump off. When he jumped, Maddie was walking by and he landed on her. She was ok and just has a little mark under her eye. But when we were at the all half of her face was red from rug burn. I must say I controlled myself very well. :) Then there were even bigger boys that were playing tag. So we decided to leave. Then while I was putting on Ian's shoes they ran into us and both Kath and I yelled at them. For me it was the second time of telling them to stop running.

So we were leaving the mall and I saw the Guest Services area and decided to make a complaint because all of those kids were too big to be in there. The Assistant Manager took my complaint, phone number and gave Maddie and ice pack for her face. He was also going to send another Security Guard over again. We were the third complaint today about the size of the kids. Whats funny is that is it just more the parents not being parents and following the rules. Blah!

Well when we got home Ian and Maddie drew faces on there pumpkins and then Ian dropped his again and cracked the top of it and it started leaking. Anyways, the kids had a great day today and got to play outside a lot.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Jess

1 comment:

Felicia said...

I absolutely LOVE halloween and can't wait to someday take kids of my own to a pumpkin patch! But the bratty kids who don't pay attention to the rules....gosh, I hope I don't have one of those!